Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rough Week

In the last few days, here are just a few of the challenges my family and I have been facing:

-all three girls caught some kind of virus with fevers, vomiting and sleepless nights
-lightning struck our home which fried a computer A/C adapter, modem, router and satellite TV connection
-my car had to go into the shop for a major repair
-some additional unexpected expenses have come our way

I can remember someone telling me once that when the enemy leaves you alone, you should be worried because he's content with where you are and what you're doing. If the enemy is attacking you, then he recognizes you as a real threat.

Regardless of the theological accuracy, it's simply comforting to rest in the truth that my family and I are a threat to the enemy and his work. I know that the God I serve is bigger than any of these challenges we've faced and that He is Jehovah Jireh. When I catch myself beginning to feel sorry for myself and my family's circumstances, I will choose to praise Him. As Paul, I will find contentment in every circumstance. He is my joy and my peace!

2 comments:

Chris Naish said...

GW - praying for you and your family. The enemy is trying to use worldly things to leverage you away from the Joy in Christ that you have. Don't be deceived, brother! :)

Amy said...

So glad you can praise Him even when times are tough!

BTW, thank you for praying for us when I called in the middle of the night 2 weeks ago! Your specific prayer has brought me great peace as I continue to pray it as well. That the man will forget that he was ever at our home, that he will forget how to return to our house and never try to come back. (or something to that effect). Thank you.