Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Frank Laubach

In my last post, I mentioned a guy by the name Frank Laubach. He's one of those "old school" 20th century icons that many people in today's Christian culture don't recognize. I came across him because of a book that I have that was given to me by my great aunt. She read "You Are My Friends" back in 1956 according to her note on the inside cover. My Aunt Reba was a born again Christian and was very studious when it came to following the Lord. Her academic nature carried over into the rest of her life as well. She was the first female inducted into the science honor society at William and Mary so I'm told.

Enough about my Aunt Reba though...

Some would consider Laubach a mystic. In addition to the literacy ministry he brought to the Philippines, he also created a game that became world famous. It was called "The Game with Minutes." In this game, Laubach challenged believers to think about God at least one second of every minute of the day. Of course, Laubach took this to the next level and claimed that he was in constant communion with God, echoing Paul's challenge to the Christians in Ephesus and Thessalonica.

How many minutes of the day do you think you spend in true communion with the Lord?

No comments: