Monday, June 8, 2009

Conversations

Here are just a few snippets from conversations I've had in the last 24 hours:

"I'll drop off the State Corp Commission forms for SCOOP to you."
Somehow I've found myself leading SCOOP. I didn't really ask for this. It just kind of happened. There's an opportunity in this. I need to pray for wisdom and discernment on what God wants me to do with this.

"The high school hallways have become segregated for whites, blacks and hispanics."
I get how people with similar interests and cultures have a tendency to gravitate towards one another, but this is extreme for our community. How do we confront this? Lots of prayer is needed for this one.

"I've got to take both Emma and Hope to the doctor's office. Can you watch Abby Rae?"
My afternoon's plans got wrecked today, and it will drift into tomorrow as well. At least Abby Rae and I had a chance to do some father-daughter bonding. We went to PetSmart to buy our supplies for Layla - the dog we're adopting in the next week. Even though my schedule got bombed, I'm grateful for a wondeful few hours with my daughter who just loves to ask all kinds of interesting questions that keep Dad on his toes!

"When God gives a vision, He'll also give the provision."
A quote from a pastor speaking about how God provides just enough, just in time. I love how our God works in our lives!

No comments: