Thursday, February 19, 2009

"We're Not Going to Guam, Are We?"

Pilot Frank to Jack Shepherd: "We're not going to Guam, are we?"

I love this line from last night's episode of Lost. I'm totally hooked on this show, and Carrie and I enjoy watching every suspenseful second together on Wednesday nights after our Life Group is done.

We can plan all we want, but sometimes God just simply takes our plans and ideas and chucks them right out the window. I had that happen to me again yesterday. The wonderful thing is that when we allow God to interrupt us with His plans, our day simply becomes holier - set apart for a purpose.

Henry and Richard Blackaby and Claude King write in the Experiencing God workbook, "It isn't wrong to plan. Just be careful not to plan more than God intends for you to do. Let God interrupt or redirect your plans anytime He wants. Remain in a close relationship with Him so you can always hear His voice when he speaks to you."

No comments: