Friday, February 27, 2009

Spiritual Warfare



Last night in our Life Group, we had a wonderful conversation about Spiritual Warfare. There are a number of people at City on a Hill Church that are experiencing uncommon spiritual attacks. A spiritual attack can look like anything from problems with employment to problems within the family. It is important, however, to keep a balanced perspective on this concept and not assign every bad circumstance (eg, delayed arrival due to heavy traffic) to Spiritual Warfare. Sometimes we are simply victims of our circumstances.

When Jesus experienced Spiritual Warfare (Matthew 4:1-11), he combatted the enemy with the Truth of Scripture. Scripture, indeed, is the weapon that Satan's evil cannot defeat. Satan wants to attack with lies and deception. Scripture clarifies the truth for us.

Here are just a few wonderful rebuttals we can use as we wage war in our own lives:

It is written that when I speak according to the Word and will of God, heaven responds. (Mark 11:23-24)

It is written that if I believe on Him, I am not condemned. (John 3:18)

It is written that Jesus wants me to do what He did and He has equipped me with His Holy Spirit to do just that. (John 14:12-14)

It is written that I am loved by Jesus. (John 15:9)

It is written that I have been freed from all things. (Acts 13:39)

It is written that I am comforted by God. (2 Cor 1:4)

It is written that I am the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Cor 5:21)

It is written that I am a fellow partaker of the promise of Christ Jesus. (Epheisans 3:6)

It is written that He who began a good work in me will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6)

It is written that the peace of God guards my heart and mind. (Philippians 4:7)

It is written that I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

It is written that I am taught by God to love others. (1 Thess 4:9)

It is written that I am made holy through Jesus' own blood. (Hebrews 13:12)

No comments: