Monday, February 2, 2009

Homeless Shelter Ministry

We're back at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church this week overseeing the Homeless Shelter Ministry. In December, City on a Hill Church partnered with two other small churches in our community to oversee the ministry. I really felt like God was calling us to step up and oversee the ministry for a week all by ourselves.

I have to admit, the call scared me a little, but I know deep down that Jehovah Jireh will provide the volunteers and resources we need. I challenged our church a week ago and then I preached on how being a servant can lead to an extraordinary life using Nehemiah as the primary example.

When God calls us to follow, taking that first step is sometimes the hardest. When (not if) we complete our week and we've succeeded in being the Church, I hope and pray that our example will be a model for many other small churches to take on the Goliaths in our community.

No comments: