Tuesday, December 29, 2009

You Are Mine

But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." Isaiah 43:1-3a ESV

Did you know that you belong to God?

Many of us presume we're our own. But think of the implications of that. If we belong to no one but ourselves, then we're responsible for everything in our life. We're responsible for our jobs, our families, our finances. It's up to us, and only us, to make sure everything is fine and works out the way it's supposed to.

I, for one, am glad I'm not my own. When I read the passage above from Isaiah, I'm reminded that I belong to God. I'm His. That means He's ultimately responsible for me, my job, my family and everything about me. That doesn't absolve me of following Him and His will, but it allows me to rest in the absolute fact that He's watching over me, He's with me and He's protecting me.

When I approach life from the perspective that I belong to the Almighty God, it's so much easier to walk in faith that no matter what my circumstances are, He's my Savior.

No comments: