Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Audacity

A couple of months ago I attended a conference for pastors and leaders in Charlotte, NC. At the conference, the Lord challenged me to be more audacious in my ministry and expectations. As I reflected on that challenge, I realized that our move to Culpeper from San Diego was audacious. Our faith in the launching of City on a Hill Church was audacious. Now that things are moving along nicely, however, our ministry could be characterized as "less than audacious."

What audacity can be seen in our ministry for the last few months? I'm not satisfied... I hunger and thirst for more of God's audacity in my life and in the life of COAHC.

Here are a few things I wrote down at that conference...

"Do I have the audacity to call out vision into reality?"

"Audacity is the difference between vision and daydreaming."

"Audacity allows people to see the vision when there's nothing there."

"Audacity requires God to step in and take over."

So, we've got some audacious things in store for 2010. Hold on COAHC... Hold on Culpeper...

No comments: