Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Exciting Day Ahead

This morning I woke up with an excitement about what the Lord has in store for me today. I'm going to breakfast this morning with a few other pastors in town who get together frequently to pray with and for one another. This is my first opportunity to attend.

Anytime leaders get together in an effort to sincerely pray for their community and pray for the Body of Christ, the floodgates of heaven start opening up. Long before we arrived in Culpeper, pastors and leaders have been spending time crying out to God for this community. I believe God has heard those prayers and is responding in powerful ways. Those who are willing to offer their bodies as living sacrifices will encounter a radical experience with the Almighty and be used in the community to change lives. While we always need to continue searching for His good and perfect will in our personal lives as well as the life of our churches, it's time to rise up and be His instruments.

I'm having lunch with a pastor I haven't met yet: Pastor Baker Riggs of Culpeper Free Methodist Church. We spoke yesterday on the phone, and I'm excited to meet him and begin a relationship. The church is located across the street from my neighborhood, so I get to drive by it and lift up a quick prayer for them each and every day!

I'm taking my wife and kids over to look at a commercial space in downtown as a potential spot for City On A Hill Church. I've looked at it once already. Now it's time to have another set of eyes view it.

I'll top the day off by going for a run with Briana Whaley, Olympic Trials Finalist in the marathon. I haven't been running nearly as much as I'd like to, so the workout should be interesting to say the least... Brianna's husband is the Sr. Pastor at New Salem Baptist Church. They're a great family!

No comments: