Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Be Like a Sheep

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me. John 10:14 NIV

One of the interesting things about sheep is that they actually learn to recognize their shepherd's voice. Sheep will instinctively respond when they hear the shepherd's voice.

Wouldn't it be great to be like sheep!

During this 21-day fast, I pray each and every one of us is becoming more like sheep. I want to be able to hear God's voice and respond instinctively. I want to block out all of the distractions that keep me from hearing God's voice.

Father, may we experience a closeness to You that we've never experienced before. Honor our devotion and commitment to You. May we hear Your voice with clarity. Lord, speak to our hearts and minds in powerful ways, giving us direction and wisdom in all that we do. May we walk in obedience to Your will and experience life more abundant! In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments: